Here are some of my rules I am using when posting to Craigslist.
First of all what is Craigslist:
- Craigslist is one of the most popular sites in the world with a huge database of different topics, from jobs, cars, love connections, housing, resumes.
- Craigslist is very very popular that is why it is often a target of spammers.
- Craigslist has each month over 10 million new posted Craigslist ads and that is why it is said to be in top 30 of most visited sites in the world.
- Craigslist.org is a daily spammer target zone, they try everything to post as many ads as possible per day on Craigslist to different cities, because usually Craigslist community is very responsive to your ads.
Craigslist is constantly updated by their own programmers to detect any kind of behavior that is breaking Craigslist TOS. Your ads on Craigslist will be deleted if you post several ads to different cities where you don’t live. Craigslist TOS say that you can post only ads in the city where you live. So if you live in Los Angeles you can not post in Craigslist Miami. Well you can but it is not recommended. Usually posters on Craigslist like that are banned or their posts are flagged. Your ip can get banned for few days or permanently if you are repeatedly breaking their rules.
That is why all the automatic programs for Craigslist simply don’t work.
Here are my tips how to post several ads on Craigslist without getting banned:
1. Always se different ip for each Craigslist post. Also use different email for each Craigslist post.
2. Always use different descriptions in Craigslist ads, never repeat the same descriptions. Otherwise your Craigslist post will get flagged.
3. Always change your IP Address after your Craigslist post, that is a must, you have to be able to do that, if not change your internet service provider. You can usually change ips simply by logging off your internet connection and logging in again. You don’t have to restart your pc for that. Foreign IPs on Craigslist will always be detected, so posting in Craigslist USA from Europe is not going to happened, sooner or later you will be tracked down. Posts like these are deleted prior being published. Usually you can post from Europe to Craigslist Asia, of from Uk to Craigslist Germany and vice versa, but posting to Craigslist USA cities is way more strict. So be careful about that. One way to fix this is to use your friend pc in USA and use a windows remote login for posting on Craigslist USA.
4. Ad Titles have to be relevant to categories. You have to also switch your titles when posting several ads. This prevents the post being flaged or deleted so often.
5. Craigslist rules always change but usually you will be fine if you post up to 20 ads per hour. Also have some delay between posts. Like I said before rules always change and Craigslist is getting better and better detecting spam posts.
6. Always select the right category when posting, posting into wrong category will have your ad deleted.
7. Don’t go crazy by posting too many ads in short time. Take a break between posts.
8. Write Craigslist ads that look natural and anti spam. Check other posted ads an mimic them.
9. Never use CSS in your posts
10. Limit your ad to 30000 k size.
12. Don’t use frames or iframes.
13. Use simple small sized images in your ads but never use flash, your posts will never be published.
UPDATE FEBRUARY 2013 - NEW CRAIGSLIST EBOOK GUIDE AVAILABLE
Click here for more info
Subscribe here and get few of the latest Craiglist posting tips. Start making money with Craiglist today. With our tips, you will conquer Craiglist posting in 24 hours.